China's largest dam builder to develop large HPP project in Ecuador

Thursday, 08 October 2009
imagee/sinh.jpg Sinohydro, China's largest dam builder, has agreed to build what will be the largest hydropower plant in Ecuador. 

Under terms of the deal with Ecuador, Sinohydro will finance 85 percent of the 1,500-MW Coca Codo Sinclair project on the Coca River near the Colombia border. Ecuador will finance the remaining 15 percent through oil sales to China. The deal calls for Petroecuador to export about 2.8 million barrels of crude oil per month for two years.

Powered by Elxis - Open Source CMS